Spoutwood Farm Center, a nonprofit and educational farm, is seeking a qualified candidate to manage, diversify and expand its soon to be 19 year-old CSA, located in South central PA, 45 minutes from Baltimore, MD.
• Oversee all aspects of the CSA, including:
◦ Detailed planning to prepare for and implement the season’s production
◦ Budget management
◦ Marketing the CSA
◦ Apprentice and volunteer management
◦ Member communications
◦ Equipment maintenance
• Participate in the Farming Committee meetings and the quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
• Promote the CSA at two on-farm festivals annually, and other events as needed.
• Actively support and participate in the mission of Spoutwood as an educational and agricultural learning center that demonstrates, promotes and advocates our interconnected and sustainable partnership with nature.
• Significant experience in vegetable production. CSA experience a plus.
• Understanding of CSA and agricultural principles, whole-farm planning, crop rotation, soil enhancement methods, soil science, and general ecological principles.
• Ability to successfully manage volunteers, employees and members.
• Strength in communication, both written and verbal. Experience in website and database management a plus.
This is a year-round, salaried position with housing, health coverage if needed and an opportunity for profit sharing.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and list of references to Rob Wood, Spoutwood@comcast.net