This is a permanent, year round, salaried, professional gardening position on a private residential
estate which is part of a historic working farm using low impact, sustainable land management
practices. The gardener is responsible for the care and maintenance of the gardens, greenhouse
and indoor plants. The work schedule will include a rotation of weekends and holidays. Housing as well as a comprehensive benefits package is included.
• Maintaining garden areas, greenhouses and indoor plants.
• Planting and care of the household’s biodynamic vegetable garden
• Care and pruning of a small tree nursery
• Purchase of plant and garden supplies
• Coordinate with other staff and owner to carry out daily tasks.
• Supervise others as required.
• Associate’s Degree in horticulture with a minimum of one year landscape horticulture experience.
• Or junior status in a four year horticulture program with a minimum of one year landscape horticulture experience.
• Or six years minimum of landscape horticulture experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with biodynamic gardening or willingness to be trained
• Supervisory experience preferred
Please contact Jonathan Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply