About Our Farm: Applecrest is a 100+ acre diversified fruit and veggie farm located in Hampton Falls, NH. In addition to an on-site retail farm stand, the farm operates a one-hundred member Community Supported Agriculture (C.S.A.) program, attends seven local farmers markets every week of the growing season and is a strong supplier to local restaurants, groceries and schools. As a sustainable producer of over two-hundred unique varieties of tree fruits, berries, vegetables, flowers and herbs, Applecrest is a cornerstone of the seacoast-area food shed.
General Description: Our farm is looking for motivated and out-going folks with a passion for agriculture and food to represent Applecrest both at our home farm C.S.A. and at numerous Seacoast Area outdoor farmers markets. Starting in mid-May and running through end-October, these are full-time seasonal retail positions. Beyond helping to share with the community our farm’s pride and passion in what we grow, the work involves a unique combination of produce handling and sales, savvy farm marketing and good ol’ fashioned face-to-face customer service.
The ideal candidate is an energetic people person with a cheery outlook and strong attention to detail. He or she should thrive on customer interaction, be of vigorous good health and have the capability and willingness to develop a strong knowledge of the farm, its growing practices and its products.
• Schedule and availability are critical. Candidates must be suited to early-rising and available to work at least one Saturday or Sunday, plus a minimum of three weekdays every week for the duration of the season.
Up to four team members will staff the following schedule:
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 12:30p to 7.30p
Saturday & Sunday: 4:30a to 3:00p
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday: 11:00a to 7:00p
Friday: 6:00a to 3:00p
• Market and C.S.A. work involves a lot of packing, loading, unloading, setting-up and then breaking down all manner of items, many of them heavy. To boot, the majority of the work takes place out of doors, often in heat, cold, wind and/or rain. Candidates MUST be of a hearty nature, in excellent physical health and able to lift up to 40 pounds repeatedly.
All applicants must also:
• Be well organized, efficient and able to independently.
• Possess a positive, diligent work ethic.
• Love working outdoors.
• Be friendly, outgoing, and knowledgeable.
• Present a professional, clean, warm and approachable appearance.
• Have excellent communication skills.
Term of Employment, Compensation & Benefits:
Starting in mid-May and running through end-October, these are full-time seasonal positions. Compensation will be extremely competitive and commensurate with applicant’s previous experience.
How to Apply
If you’re a true people person, an honest worker and have a strong passion for farming and food, please e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line should read: “Market & CSA Position”). Please use the cover letter as your opportunity to tell us about you, your strengths and goals and why you’d like to join the Applecrest family! Please feel free to highlight any other skills or personal details you possess that would be valuable to our small family owned and operated farm.
Interested candidates may also apply, in person at:
133 Exeter Road
Hampton Falls, NH 03844
Please, no phone calls.