The School District of the Tomorrow River
357 North Main Street
Amherst, Wisconsin 54406
715/824-5521 ext. 1
July 16th, 2013
Position: Garden Intern/Teacher for Waldorf-Inspired Charter School
Duties: Seeking an enthusiastic individual to be a Garden Intern/Teacher for a Waldorf-inspired school. They will guide and implement curriculum to the needs of the individual child, while embracing the unity of the class as a whole, creating a nurturing learning environment. This individual will research and develop a well-organized, useful and productive garden, greenhouse and composting program. They will work with the food staff on planning for food production and preservation for use in school lunches. The Garden curriculum will include, but is not limited to, garden maintenance, harvesting timelines, food storage, garden planning and seed ordering. The intern will be responsible for weekly classes with the students and organizing parent volunteers.
- Hold a valid Wisconsin Teaching License or Teaching experience desired
- Experience/training/certification in Waldorf Education/Biodynamic Agriculture desired
- Able to physically perform all duties and have effective communication skills
- A love for working with children, working with colleagues in a collaborative and supportive manner and openness for the unexpected.
- Such alternatives to the above that the district may find acceptable
Wage/Schedule: The position is grant funded through the Foundation for Sustainability and Innovation for 232 hours throughout the 2013/2014 school year, focused in the fall and spring: September, October, November, March, April and May. Wage: $12/hour
Application Deadline: August 2nd, 2013
STEP 1. Visit the TRSD website at amherst.k12.wi.us and print an official Support Staff Employment Application, or contact the District Office for an application at 715/824-5521 x1.
STEP 2. Complete and return the application with all of the following to Mrs. LeAnn Chase, Tomorrow River School District, 357 North Main Street, Amherst, WI 54406:
- Cover Letter (addressed to Mrs. LeAnn Chase)
- Copy of License if you have one
- (2) Current Letters of Recommendation (work related letters preferred)
Once you have completed these steps, you will be eligible to be selected for an interview. Not all applicants are selected for an interview.
Contact Chamomile Nusz the TRCCS Planning Grant Coordinator with any questions pertaining the TRCCS: 715-824-5521 ext. 224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Information about Wisconsin Licensing can be obtained by calling 608/266-1027