Sunfield is searching for a farmer educator to take on the position's duties in March. We are looking forward to a strong candidate joining our organization. The particulars are listed below.
Job Description – Sunfield Farmer/Educator
Salary: To be negotiated
Position is open until filled
Pioneering Waldorf farm school in Port Hadlock, Washington (Olympic Peninsula area) seeks visionary fulltime FARMER/EDUCATOR to manage a working farm using biodynamic principles, and shape it as a learning environment. Sunfield is an 81-acre farm with fields, forests, wetlands, and grades K-8 on-site, and is actively building farm-based community education programs. Successful candidate has biodynamic farming experience, a high level of passion and energy, and excellent communication and management skills. Position requires close partnerships with school faculty, community education staff, and volunteers; motivating/managing people, working with apprentices, developing and managing a small CSA; experience with small and large livestock; managing budgets; and interacting with students and community members of all ages.
- • Experience managing people and projects
- • Experience with animal husbandry
- • Experience with farm and land management
- • Familiarity with Waldorf Education
- • A high level of passion, enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude
- • An understanding of the level of commitment and vision required by a pioneering organization
- • Experience with biodynamic farming
- • Experience with farm infrastructure, including mechanical and carpentry skills
- • Teaching experience with students of all ages, specifically related to workshop environments and apprenticeship training
- • Experience with financial management
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Able to work cooperatively within a diverse organization
- • Able to create enduring partnerships within a diverse community
- *Manage day to day farm operations. This includes crop production as a focal point of a working farm supporting a small CSA, animal husbandry integrated with the educational components of the Sunfield program, and farm infrastructure improvements and maintenance.
- * Coordinate with Community Education staff and faculty to integrate teaching and learning programs with farm activities.
- *Manage and lead farm team (apprentices and interns).
- *Develop the animal husbandry component of the farm to meet educational and product needs.
- *Work with Community Education staff to develop new opportunities for using the farm for community involvement and educational purposes such as workshops.
- *Ensure high quality agricultural products and educational experiences.
- *Other duties as assigned.
Under the supervision of the Organizational Director
Performance standards will be developed as needed to assist in evaluating work abilities, and work products.
Evaluations include a three month period of probation and for the first year quarterly evaluations.
Performance evaluations are designed to aid communications between supervisors and employees, clarify duties and responsibilities. They are intended to assist in the personal development of employees and to strengthen their performance. Evaluations will be used to substantiate recommendations for promotions, salary increases, and dismissals.
To apply for this position:
Send resume, brief biography and three professional references to Sunfield Farm, Attention Farmer Hiring Committee, P.O. Box 85, Port Hadlock, WA 98339.
Contact: email@example.com 360-385-3658