Philadelphia Community Farm, Osceola, Wisconsin
Volunteer Coordinator – March to November 2013
The Volunteer Coordinator will coordinate recruitment, planning for visits and host volunteers seeking a service learning experience or volunteer experience at Philadelphia Community Farm, a non-profit education and conservation organization, based in an intentional community on the St. Croix River near Osceola, Wisconsin.
Skills and Qualifications
Requirements for this position include:
- Prior experience in Waldorf Education, education for adults/children with special needs and urban youth/families, carpentry, organic agriculture, and/or interpretive work at a nature or environmental education center would be helpful.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, and solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to do physical labor for 3-4 hours blocks. Volunteer work will include hand labor in gardens and care for animals on the small-diversified CSA farm.
- Must be interested in community living and working with adults with special needs. Position includes some overnight and weekend work.
- Valid driver’s license is required. The following would be helpful: current certifications in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR and/or Red Cross or YMCA life-guarding.
BENEFITS: Room and board, plus a small stipend. Housing and cooking and cleaning tasks are shared with other volunteers. Other benefits: an opportunity to explore rural community living, learn more about organic/biodynamic agriculture, and farm-based education programs focusing on health and wellness. The farm is located adjacent to a National Park, the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway.
TO APPLY: Request application materials by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Verna Kragnes at 715-294-4048.
Philadelphia Community Farm is a participating mentor farm in the North American Biodynamic Apprenticeship Program (NABDAP). For more details, please visit the farm's profile in our NABDAP program pages.