- View the 20 gorgeous international display gardens and the 30 small space gardens.
- Marvel at the world's largest rotating succulent globe - it's growing now. Click for a sneak peak.
- Shop the plant market - doubled in size this year and packed with plant goodies.
- Wander the aisles of innovative items and gifts for the horties among us.
- Learn from the experts on our seminar stages, participate in a DIY demo filled with practical tips, become an organic gardener in 40 minutes and learn how to grow those veggies.
- Take the kids to Sproutopia for learning and fun.
- Sample delicious food at the Chef Stage and - oh yes - last but not least - visit the wine garden and relax.
Biodynamic Edible Garden Display
The team from Malibu Compost, lead by Randy Ritchie, are building a large edible garden under a tent on the lawn this year. Malibu Compost and Randy are riding a wave of interest in bio-dynamic gardening and active compost and compost teas. These almost miraculous recipes for our soil remove the need for any chemical use at all in the garden - both on edible plants and ornamental plants. This science has been tested thoroughly in Oakland where chemcials are banned on all public gardens. The staff at Morcom Rose Garden now grow organic roses - successfully - free of pests and disease due to cultivation of the soil and the use of micro-organism-laden composts and mulches. Randy, his team and the Morcom Rose gardeners, will demo and chat about "how to".
Stop by the Biodynamic Association and Malibu Compost booth!