The 8th Annual Sustainable Food and Farm conference is coming up Feb 9-11 in Nevada County, CA.
Drawing on local talent and national experts in Food and Farming including biodynamic farmers.
We encourage you to consider this fabulous event!
Sierra Harvest’s Sustainable Food and Farm Conference in Grass Valley has something for
everyone whether you are a farmer, rancher, homesteader, backyard gardener or just love good food!
Joel Salatain, the “prince of pasture” is one the world’s most famous ranchers, and will inspire with new techniques
for improving the health of your farm and increasing the profits of your business.
Daphne Miller MD, a family physician and author of Farmacology, will share why she prescribes locally raised
vegetables to her patients and the surprising ways that local, organic farms and gardens can improve your health.
Paul & Elizabeth Kaiser of Singing Frog Farm will share how their no-till, high yield farming techniques -
generate over $100,000 in sales per acre – can be applied to your farm or home garden and improve your local ecology.
New Conference Features
- Mushroom Cultivation Workshop
- Nevada County Farm Tour This year tour features winter veggie cultivation, a historic timber farm, and how to use goats for land management. Only 10 spaces left!
- Full Scholarships now available for livestock and poultry farmers through FACT.
- Post-Harvest Handling & Food Safety Workshop - this full-day workshop includes action plans and templates to help farmers create on-farm food safety plan.
- Ag Tech Micro Conference connects farmers and technology developers for an inspiring look at the future of farming.
- Saturday keynotes: Joel Salatin, Singing Frogs Farm, Daphne Miller MD.
- Sunday Workshops: Create your own curriculum to build the skills you need most!
Questions? Sierra Harvest 530-265-2343