Farm Manager - Healdsburg, CA
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
• A passion for sustainable farming practices and a desire to help bring awareness to others
• Extremely organized
• The ability to work independently and in small group settings.
We are a ranch that is committed to embracing and practicing the principles of Biodynamic farming. We are in the beginning stages of building a farm that produces food, herbs and Cannabis that are good, clean and fair, respectful of planet earth, and the people that live in it.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Communicates daily with owner and farm workers for short & long term planning.
• Cultivates crops: rototilling, hand hoeing, and hand weeding.
• Irrigation needs/repairs
• Propagate and manage seedlings in green house.
• Transplanting in the fields
• Assists in the seasonal pruning of perennials including fruit trees, hedges, and herbs.
• Compost Building
• Pest/Disease control
• Management and care of farm animals specific to Biodynamics
• Monitors and maintains working condition, of tools and supplies and working areas.
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
• Understand animals including chickens, turkeys, sheep, cows & pigs.
• Positive attitude and desire to learn and willingness to teach others.
• Physical ability to do the work required – lifting, standing, bending and all weather conditions.
• Reliable transportation
• Promptness and a strong work ethic
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Host occasional on Farm Events and Tours
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Extremely organized, efficient, and detail oriented
• Flexibility in hours and the ability to work weekends PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 2+ years of experience working on biodynamic farms.
• This is a full-time position based in Healdsburg, CA.
• We offer suitable room and board and compensation commensurate with experience.
• We are seeking a kindred spirit.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume along with three references to: NTRJobs@newtreeranch.com
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.