The National Young Farmers Coalition just released Farm Service Agency Loans: The Ins and Outs of Growing a Farm with Federal Loans, an illustrated guidebook for farmers looking to secure credit from USDA.
Written from the perspective and curiosity of a young farmer, the guidebook helps farmers navigate the ins and outs of the loan process. It includes:
- the story of the USDA’s Farm Service Agency;
- a family tree of all the people who make loans at USDA through the Farm Service Agency;
- descriptions of FSA’s different loan types;
- charts with up-to-date interest rates and loan terms;
- case studies from farmers who received FSA loans;
- and information about all the ways farmers can get involved through USDA committees to influence and improve the loan process.