Be Here Farm + Nature is a boutique luxury resort experience rooted deeply in Nature. We are located at the peak of Spring Mountain, straddling the County line between Napa and Sonoma, 15 minutes outside St. Helena and 45 minutes outside of Santa Rosa as well as the the city of Napa. Be Here will feature 9 guest cottages, a 300-acre Nature sanctuary, as well as a world-class restaurant and spa—all of which will be open to overnight guests at the end of construction in 2021. At the heart of this experience sits our Biodynamic farm, which already exists, and is the focus of the rest of this job posting.
We are seeking to add one, full time (40 hrs/week) team member to our current farm team which is comprised of our Farm Director and our Assistant Farm Manager, both of whom are inspiring teachers in their own right, and there is a lot to learn on our farm.
We are seeking a hard-working, reliable, pleasant, honest, motivated, and passionate person to join our team. The open position is for a “farm hand”.
The farm hand will help maintain and expand a highly diversified (over 200 crops) farm with fruit trees, berries, vegetables, herbs, flowers, mushrooms, chickens, bees, and perennial insectaries. The farm hand will also help out with other responsibilities onsite (as needed) such as:
Some examples of tasks/goals you might execute on are: bed making, soil building, seed starting, transplanting, plant care, perennial plant care and harvesting, greenhouse growing, drip irrigation, weeding, fertilizing, mulching, biodynamics, harvesting, and preparing food for processing (dehydrated fruits, herbs, etc.).
We attend a farmers' market on Friday mornings and this involves processing, packing and transporting vegetables to preserve their fresh-from-the-field quality.
The most important attributes are enthusiasm about the work, commitment to learning, and a willingness to work hard. We do appreciate some background in organic farming and gardening. Farm hands should be enthusiastic about food production and preparation.
Clear and honest communication are very important to us.
· The farm hand position is available from – with the potential to stay on through the winter. Winter tasks will include clearing weeds, pulling poison oak off trails, foraging in the forest, hauling woody debris off roads, forest thinning, trail building, etc.
· Full time Mon – Fri. 40 hrs/week.
· The position pays between $15-$18/hr. depending on your experience. There is a lot of room to grow with this company if it’s a good fit.
· Note: This position does not include housing, and is ideally suited for someone who is currently living in Sonoma or Napa County.
Candidate needs to:
1) Have a valid driver's license, a reliable vehicle, and a clean driving record
2) Enjoy learning
3) Have a fantastic attitude
4) Be a team player and take direction very well
5) Be comfortable speaking English
6) Be able to lift 40lbs comfortably above their head
7) Love working hard
8) Love working outside
Highly prized attributes:
1.) An interest in Biodynamic agriculture
2.) An open mind and heart
5.) Knowledge of basic permaculture principles
6.) Interest in sustainable/holistic lifestyle
7.) Ability to operate farm equipment
We have an incredible team and we work in a breathtaking setting. To learn more about our project check out our instagrams @beherefarm and @beherefarmer.
Please, only email us if you have a cover letter that introduces yourself, a resume and at least 2-3 references. Other emails will be ignored. Please send all emails to Eytan@beherefarm.com.
We hope to meet you soon, and thank you for your interest.