Full Time Farmer and Outdoor Educator
Golden Bridges School is a small, independent school, working out of Waldorf pedagogy, offering affordable education to the southern neighborhoods of San Francisco. 60% of our
curriculum is outdoors and we spend multiple days a week cultivating a 3⁄4 acre plot of land. We are seeking an experienced farmer and farm educator to support the growth and development
of our program. This is a full-time salaried position starting July 2017.
● Teach weekly farm classes to grades 1-3 during 2-3 afternoons a week
● Maintenance and care of the farm including watering, weeding, harvesting, etc, as well
as overseeing care for 3 chickens and any other future animals.
● Input on future development of expanding campus on the 3⁄4 acre piece of property.
● Distribution of tasks to classes and volunteers for farming the land.
● Collaborate with teachers in each program for curriculum projects at the kindergarten
and grades levels.
● Attend weekly faculty meetings
● Attend two parent meetings per school year to present outdoor curriculum to parent body
● Participate in Outdoor Program Faculty Committee
● Certification in basic child and adult first aid and CPR.
● Plan and attend multiple weekend family work-days during the year.
● Experience with, and interest in, biodynamic farming and Waldorf education a huge plus
● Able to work collaboratively and in community, identifying community resources at GBS
● Strong grasp on child development and age appropriate activities
● Love of bringing children and urban farming together
● Experience farming and farm planning; as well as experience leading groups of children
● Organized, initiative taker with a clear understanding of timelines
● Speaker of another language; interest in integrating language, culture and farming with
● Experience working with and for a non-profit; fundraising experience a plus.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.