Located in the heart of New York’s verdant Hudson Valley, Hawthorne Valley Association is what many consider the future of agriculture, education, and community life to be. With more than 900 acres of lush farmland under management, a K-12 Waldorf school and farm-based learning experiences for all ages, and a robust network of social enterprise businesses that honor the earth, create meaningful jobs, and expand markets for healthy food, Hawthorne Valley encourages all its staff to put head, heart, and hands together to make the world a better place. Our reach extends from our home base in Columbia County to NYC’s Greenmarkets (our Biodynamic® produce, cheeses, and fermented products are prominently anchored in Union Square) to offices and boardrooms across the world where our alumni are making their impact.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our Development Office and help take an already strong development program to the next level. The Development Associate provides support in the planning, organizing, and implementation of Hawthorne Valley Association’s fundraising activities, including annual giving, special events, and communications.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial professional who enjoys creating donor communications, events management, research, writing, and some relationship-building with constituents. The candidate must be able to articulate the case to support the goals of Hawthorne Valley for the purpose of securing donations. The person who fills this position will be responsible for helping monitor specific annual revenue goals throughout the year and contributing to the overall achievement of the Association’s goals.
Specific tasks include:
• Support for all annual giving programs, including mailings, emails, and other fundraising initiatives, such as targeted fundraising drives and special events.
• Proposal writing, gift recognition, donor research, and reporting requirements.
• Regular communication with key volunteers including the Board Development Committee.
• Administer and manage the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database system.
• Maintain regular communications with all HVA initiatives to keep a comprehensive calendar of solicitations, events, and outreach.
• Serve as lead coordinator on select major events.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal skills, budgeting experience, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We require proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, and email marketing platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact. Familiarity with WordPress a plus. We prefer that our candidates have at least three years’ experience in fundraising or related fields.
If this opportunity excites you, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for Applications is July 13, 2018.