If you have given a serious thought to becoming a small-scale farmer and want to learn the practicalities of running a farm, then consider applying for this demanding, hands-on exploration of small-scale Biodynamic farming. We are looking for a full-time intern that will assist with the daily tasks of gardening and farming:
- Greenhouse management: Making soil blocks, starting seedlings, irrigation, etc.
- Sowing and transplanting in the field
- Irrigation & Nutrient management: Compost application, foliar feeding and teas
- Weeding, cultivation & pest management
- harvest & post-harvest handling of vegetables and herbs.
- Animal care (goats, laying hens & bees)
The majority of our work is done by hand. We apply Biodynamic and organic principles in managing the farm with strong emphasis on building healthy, biologically active soil.
About the farm : Bee Fields Farm is a beautiful 13 acre farm, located on Abbot Hill in Wilton NH. Our farm, that goes into its 5th season in 2016, grows vegetables for a year-round CSA (25-30 families, www.beefieldsfarm.com/csa) that works with the ideals of the threefold social order. We grow more than 100 different medicinal plants to be used in tea blends, salves, powdered herbs and more. We are home to goats, laying hens and bees.
Abbot Hill is a vital rural community that includes Temple-Wilton Community Farm, The Hilltop Cafe, High Mowing school, Pine Hill Waldorf school and many friendly individuals.
For more information, please visit our web site: www.beefieldsfarm.com.
Learning is mostly done as hands-on experience. We have extensive library on Biodynamics and Herbalism that you can borrow books from and we will have ample time for discussions on topics depending on your interest.
* Holistic methods for stewarding the land: Biodynamics, Bionutrient and Organic growing methods
* Growing wide variety of vegetables and herbs on a small area
* Farm finances and logistics: Budget, schedules, CSA, etc.
* Caning, freezing & fermenting food for the winter.
* Preparing remedies from herbs.
We offer room, full board and a small stipend. Access to all veggies, eggs and herb that grow in the garden. Ideal internship time frame is from early Spring (April/May) till late Fall (October).
Phone - (603)654-1097