1 post / 0 new
Rebecca Briggs
Rebecca Briggs's picture
Zayed Sustainability Prize calls for submissions in Food Innovation: Deadline May 30, 2019
The 2020 edition of the Zayed Sustainability Prize, the UAE’s pioneering global award for rewarding innovation, impact and inspiration in sustainable development solutions is now accepting submissions in the category of food innovation.
The prize is open to both for-profit and non-profit organizations in the United States that are driving innovative and inspirational solutions to end hunger and malnutrition in the world today. The prize is particularly interested innovative work in ending malnutrition, ensuring sustainable food production systems, increasing agricultural productivity, and promoting seed type and animal population diversity.
The prize was established in 2008 by the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as the Zayed Future Energy Prize. It was created to honour the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan’s legacy of environmental stewardship and sustainability. Over the past decade, the Prize has seen 76 winners positively impact the lives of over 318 million people with innovative renewable energy solutions.
This year, the prize will award $3,000,000 distributed among five categories with an allocation of $600,000 for each: Health, Water, Food and Energy.
The Zayed Sustainability Award will close its call for entries on May 30, 2019, and the winners will be announced at the awards ceremony during the opening of the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week on January 2020.
I am available to answer any questions you have. I look forward to hearing from you. 
To apply and for more information, visit www.ZayedSustainabilityPrize.com.
Sincerely,
Camille Jones I americas@zsp.ae Tel: +1 (202) 321-1615