2020 Apprenticeship in Ecological Horticulture - UC Santa Cruz
|The Apprenticeship in Ecological Horticulture is an educational program focusing on practical training in organic gardening and small-scale farming, as well as increasing awareness of the dynamic connections between food and social systems. The program:
- is a six-month, full-time, residential apprenticeship in organic gardening and farming
- includes 1,000 hours of formal instruction and hands-on practical skill building
- focuses on growing vegetables, flowers, berries, and small-scale orchards
- welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and supports community-building within each cohort
- offers scholarships and accepts AmeriCorps vouchers and VA funding
- is part of the Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems (CASFS) at UCSC
The course fee is $6,000, but more than half of our participants now receive scholarships and other support to attend the program. Free housing at the Farm in tent cabins along with shared group meals in the Farm Center also help to make the course affordable.
The deadline to apply for the 2020 program is August 15, 2019 for international applicants, and September 30 for domestic applicants. For information about the course, scholarships, and the application process, please see casfs.ucsc.edu/apprenticeship.
We are updating our outreach database for organizations like yours. Please send any contact information changes to Erin Foley, firstname.lastname@example.org, (831) 459-3376.
Thanks so much for letting your constituents know about the Apprenticeship at UC Santa Cruz!