Camphill Village Minnesota (CVM) is an intentional community of around 40 people in Central Minnesota. Our mission is to create and sustain a community where people with and without disabilities live, work and care for each other in fostering social, spiritual, cultural and agricultural renewal. We are looking for someone who wants to work towards making real change in the relationship between humanity and the earth. We do this work through biodynamic principles and practices. Food is a huge component of our community and the work we do on the land together helps to sustain us year-round!
Our community is located on 525 acres in the diverse landscapes of Central Minnesota. In addition to our garden, our farm is home to 20 beef young stock, 10 beef brood, 2 dairy cows, and 60 laying hens.The Garden Manager is responsible for the production of vegetables that will sustain the village throughout the year. They will be working alongside a crew of community members, some of whom have developmental disabilities. We believe everyone has something to contribute in community. What will you bring to the table?
- Develop a garden plan with the community based on needs and resources
- Manage two acres of organically grown produce
- Manage and work alongside crews of up to eight people who have a range of abilities
- Complete state mandated and Camphill specific training (provided)
- Work 5-6 days per week at varied hours
Qualifications and Skills:
- Vegetable production experience (minimum of one year preferred)
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities (minimum of one year preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to set goals and make an assessment of successes and how to better achieve goals in the next growing season
- Monthly Stipend
- Free room and board (wifi included)
- Daily, organic, farm-fresh meals
- Use of community vehicles (including gas/insurance)
- One full day off during the week with flexible weekends
- Student Loan payments ($250-$500/mo)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Medical insurance
In our community, we offer a comfortable lifestyle instead of a salary. We know it’s different, so ask questions! Our compensation is needs-based and part of the initial conversations.
Apply at Camphill.org or send your resume to Angela Michieli firstname.lastname@example.org
See us in action!www.facebook.com/camphillmn