Farm Stand Sales Associate and Harvest Support
Filigreen Farm is situated on 97 acres in Anderson Valley, Mendocino County, California. We are a Demeter-certified Biodynamic and CCOF-certified organic diversified farm whose primary products are tree fruits (apples, pears, peaches, prunes), blueberries, olives, wine and table grapes, vegetables, flowers, apiary, and an ongoing inquiry into water revitalization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working person to join our team and help run Velma’s Farm Stand at Filigreen Farm for the months of June-October. This person will harvest and process produce and manage the farm stand, with other possible fieldwork included. The position is part time (Friday-Sunday) and will work in tandem with our vegetable/flower production manager.
· Gardening/farming experience and strong knowledge of various fruit and vegetable varieties. Minimum of two years farming or gardening required.
· 2 years experience in retail or customer service
· Comfortable managing a POS (point of sale) system; has basic math and computer skills
· High level of energy with strong customer service skills
· Ability to lift 50 pounds, multi-task, and stand for long periods of time
· Adherence to COVID and food safety requirements
· Must be reliable and timely
· Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
· Arranging and maintaining a beautiful and fresh display of vegetables, flowers, herbs, fruit, and value-added products.
· Help harvest and prep produce
· Some fieldwork included (weeding, hoeing, dead-heading flowers, drying flowers/herbs)
· Opening and closing farm stand Friday-Sunday
· Accurately and responsibly handle cash, credit card, and EBT transactions through an electronic POS system
· Enjoys engaging with the public and answering questions related to the farm production
· Friday 10am-6pm
· Saturday 9am-4pm
· Sunday 9am-4pm
· Access to biodynamic fruit and vegetables
Please email your resume, cover letter, and 3 references to: email@example.com