Beautiful Demeter Certified Biodynamic land in Bastrop County, Texas; 56.764 acres. Just an hour East of Austin. Sandy loam soil, barbed wire fencing, two ponds and four farm structures. Currently operated as Chickamaw Farm~Ranch & Wildlife. Presently Irish Dexter cattle operation selling premium beef at two prime locations at Austin’s two premier farmers’ markets. The land has great agricultural potential. Contact Bill McCranie, tel. 512.567.3456, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bill's land was previously profiled in our Biodynamics Blog, see here: https://biodynamicsbda.wordpress.com/2017/09/20/a-herd-of-distinction-demeter-certified-beef-cattle-in-the-lone-star-state/
Botanical survey and identification has been done across the property, find those reports below:
Plant Identification Report
Additional attributes to mention about this property:
1) A very private secluded, peaceful location.
2) Non-restricted use.
3) Inexpensive taxes (Last year we paid $165.51 for the full acreage.)
4) Excellent durable fencing around the entire property.
5) Durable, well made catch pen and coral.
6) Two barns, one needs repair, one tack room and one shed.
7) Fine sandy loam soil.
8) Totally diverse, sustainable, biodiverse, native and biodynamic flora and fauna.
9) Two ponds with potential of more to be added if desired. A dependable wet weather creek.
10) Potential for biodynamic fish farming. This is a great idea.
11) Two prime booth locations at Austin’s premier farmers’ markets: Mueller and Lakeline.
12) An acknowledgement from the Market Director of being able to have additional booth space needed with new growth.
13) Aid in learning biodynamic principles and practices. ( I have been practicing biodynamic agriculture over twenty years. I will consult for and with purchaser as and If requested.
14) Proximity to Austin is one hour drive time, depending on traffic and rate of speed.
15) Partial owner financing available.
16) A walk in business opportunity. ( I truly believe a boat load of money could be made using apprentices and/or helpers. Being already Demeter Certified will give a three years jumpstart.)
17) Chickamaw Farm~Ranch & Wildlife is the first and only farm~ranch in Texas to be Demeter Certified Biodynamic and also the first farm~ranch member of One Percent for the Planet.
Price per acre: $ 17,000.00 (If land is to be Demeter Certified Biodynamic in the future.)
Sale price: $ 964,988.00
Terms: $ 600,000.00 Down
Owner financing*: $ 364,988.00
Payout: Six years
Interest rate: Seven percent
* Upon credit approval by purchaser.
Please feel free to direct any questions to us. We are willing to meet, investigate, show, view, explain or discuss any option made available.
Thanks so very much for your interest.
In health, flavor & nutrition,
Nancy & Bill McCranie