Job Title: Farm Manager
Location: Oregon side of the Walla Walla Valley
Start Date: Fall 2008 to plan for spring 2009
We are a 51 acre Demeter certified wine estate, with another 45 in transition. We are currently seeking an experienced individual or couple to establish and manage the expansion of non-vinifera acreage. Successful candidate has background in Biodynamic farming, Community Supported Agriculture, care of animals, a high level of passion and energy, strong communication skills, and extensive management experience.
Bring your expertise and leadership to our team in the Walla Walla Valley as we envision the expansion of our estate (diverse farm, agritourisim, CSA, educational programs). In addition to a salary commensurate with experience, we are offering on-site housing, utilities, farm share, and health benefits.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Oversee the care of crops and animals
- Oversee installation of infrastructure such as fencing, irrigation, greenhouse, and farm buildings
- Collaborate in the development of business plans for a Biodynamic Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), direct sales, agritourism, and community education business models
- Recruit and train employees
- Maintain farm bookkeeping and accounting
- Oversee marketing efforts and community outreach
- Be a leader in a multi-cultural environment
- Envision a plan, set goals, and achieve desired results
Ideal candidates should have at least 3 years experience in Biodynamic farming with a working knowledge of Demeter certification requirements. Previous experience should include managing crop, livestock, and poultry operations.
Please send cover letter, resume, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.