Foxhollow Farm is seeking a lead cattle farmer for our Grass-fed Beef operation. Foxhollow uses organic and bio-dynamic farming methods and is dedicated to sustainable and earth friendly practices. The mission of Foxhollow is to create a thriving bio-dynamic farm community. This position includes the management of the cow/calf operation (currently 220 total cattle) and the management of the pastures and hay production.
Benefits include housing on the farm. There is also the possibility of working towards a profit sharing agreement for this position. For more information about Foxhollow Farm please visit our website at www.foxhollow.com. For inquiries please contact the landowners of the farm; Janey Newton at Janey@foxhollow.com or Maggie Keith at Maggie@foxhollow.com.
- Managing the care of the cattle (rotational grazing, winter feeding, health care, genetics)
- Pasture and forage management (hay production, building the fertility of the soil, moving towards a less haying approach)
- Work with Bio-dynamic coordinator to incorporate the principles and methods into all aspects of the Grass-fed Beef operation
- Management of extra labor staff whose purpose is to support the operation
- Work in cooperation with the landowners re: annual budgets, updating business plan, and evaluation of our progress
- Work in cooperation with Marketing and Sales team
Experience with grass-fed beef and rotational grazing methods
Experience with pasture management
Capacity to be a team player as well as the ability to manage a team of co-workers.
Experience or interest in working with Bio-dynamic agricultural methods