BDA Visual Identity: Call for Proposals — Revised
The Biodynamic Farming & Gardening Association is seeking a graphic designer to develop a new visual identify for the Association that conveys the energy of this new phase in the work of the Association. We need someone who can bring the many touch points of our organization into harmony with a new core logo. These touch points include our:
1. Biodynamics Journal
6. Brochure template
Expectations: We would receive several initial logo design options; then several rounds of revised designs for one logo option.
1. Final logo artwork and variations designed for multiple uses: full color, monocolor, grayscale, B&W; small, medium, large; eps, tif, jpg, etc.
2. Redesign of following touch points including the new logo
a. Biodynamics Journal — template for cover only
b. Biodynamic Association "biodynamicsbda.wordpress.comblog template (Wordpress)
c. Biodynamic Association e-newsletter template (Constant Contact)
d. Biodynamic Association stationery package (letterhead, envelopes, mailing label, business cards)
e. Template for trifold letter-size brochure
f. www.biodynamics.com website (design for homepage only) – We are planning to reorganize our Drupal website. Designer would need to learn about design restrictions from our Drupal IT guy. This job would not include a complete website redesign, only an example of how the homepage could look to fit with the new visual identity.
3. Basic visual identity usage guidelines: fonts, leading, spacing, pms colors, alignments, etc.
Proposal should include:
1. Samples of other visual identity packages you have designed and your best design work
2. Description of your process for developing a logo that captures the essence of an organization
3. Cost estimate itemized by deliverables
4. Proposed timeline beginning with designer selection by March 1. We hope the project will be completed by June.
If you are interested, please submit a proposal by Monday, February 14, 2011, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.