HAWTHORNE VALLEY FARM DAIRY, Ghent NY is looking for a full-time experienced cheesemaker to join itsdairy team. Our certified organic dairy produces a variety of dairy products including raw milk and artisan andfarmstead cheeses. The Assistant Cheesemaker works in conjunction with the Dairy Production Supervisor andother dairy staff.
Ideal candidates will have a:
- Minimum of two years of professional artisan or farmstead cheesemaking experience
- Experience in working in a dairy production environment and in operating dairy equipment
- Knowledge of the basic principles of cheesemaking
- Experience in the hygiene and food safety aspects of cheesemakingA passion and commitment for wholesome, organic food production
- Time management skills and the ability to multi-task
Hawthorne Valley Farm is a diversified farm set on 400 acres that includes a sixty cow dairy herd, a 12-acremarket garden, full-line natural foods store, dairy processing plant, CSA program, Bakery and SaueurkrautCellar. Our farm runs farmers markets at the Union Square and Inwood green markets in New York city. Thefarm is located in Harlemville, NY about 35 miles southeast of Albany, 20 minutes from Hudson, New York andthe Southern Berkshires of Massachusetts and 2.5 hours from New York City.
Candidates must have the ability to do manual work in a production environment, be able to lift 50 pounds,stand for an 8-hour shift and be able to meet flexible hours and shifts according to production needs.Please visit www.hawthornevalleyfarm.org to learn more about our farm. This is a full-time, permanentposition; hourly wage is negotiable and based on experience, excellent benefits package. Position is availableimmediately, EOE, please send resume to, email@example.com.