Centering the needs & voices of Black, Indigenous, People of Color, the In Living Color BIPOC Space provides a refuge for people to gather, rest, and go deep in our work celebrating our lineages & experiences, at the 2019 Biodynamic Conference. It is a space designed by and for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) to access emotional and physical support by way of BIPOC herbalists and herbal first aid.
BIPOC participants are invited to participate in an opening ceremony for the space on Thursday at 8:30 pm.
The space will be available for BIPOC participants until the end of the conference on Sunday at 2:00 pm.
This space will be located in the Empire Room (main level of hotel building).
To connect with the In Living Color BIPOC space facilitators, Amanda David and Mandana Boushee, please contact them at email@example.com
If you have questions about the inclusion of this space in the conference, please contact Thea Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider learning more through the following resources.
- Why People of Color Need Spaces Without White People, by Kelsey Blackwell, on the importance of these spaces when we gather.
- Racial Microaggressions Are Real. Here’s How to Navigate Them, by Ruth Terry, on microaggression culture.
- Unearthing Black History, by Philip Terrie, on Black history in the Adirondack region.
- Biodynamic Association Diversity Equity and Inclusion Statement, on the Biodynamic Association's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Biodynamic Conference Comunity Guidelines, an invitation to join us in co-creating a welcoming and respectful conference culture which supports a rich learning and community building experience for everyone.