Last updated August 7, 2017.
What we collect We may collect certain information about you, but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. Examples of information we may collect include (but are not limited to):
- name, job title, and employer
- contact information, including email address
- demographic information such as postal code, preferences, and interests
- information for opt-in listings in our Biodynamic Directory
- credit card and billing information for memberships, donations, sponsorships, or event registrations
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
If you are not logged in to the site, either as a BDA member or as a registered website user, our server will recognize you only as an anonymous user. In that case, our server will automatically log certain anonymous information, which may include information about the type of browser you use, the server name and IP address, the date and time of access, the pages accessed while on the BDA website, and the internet address of the website, if any, from which you linked directly to the BDA site. This information is not personally identifiable. If you are logged in as a website user, whether or not as a member of the BDA, you will be identifiable to our server by the information you have provided in your user registration. We may analyze site usage to understand what features, pages, and information logged-in users find useful. We will not share personally identifiable information about site activity with third parties unless required by law to do so. If you choose to communicate with the BDA through email, via our website, by telephone, in writing, or through other means, we will collect information from these communications, and such information may be personally identifiable.
What we do with the information we gather We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, including (but not limited to) the following:
- to keep our internal records current
- to help establish and verify the identity of users
- to provide services and support to users
- to improve our website features, products offered, and services
- to process memberships, donations, sponsorships, or event registrations
- to list your information in the Biodynamic Directory (if you have opted in)
Security We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We are committed to protecting your information from loss, misuse, and alteration. If transactions are offered on the site, transaction information is transmitted to and from our website in encrypted form using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connections to help protect such information interception. The BDA restricts authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose in knowing that information in order to provide products or services to you. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception.
Financial information Credit card and billing information may be collected in order to process memberships, donations, sponsorships, and event registrations. We do not retain your credit card information.
Links to other websites Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the privacy practices or content of other websites. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. We encourage you to read the privacy statements provided by other websites before you provide personally identifiable information to them.
- You may choose not to register on our website.
- You may choose not to opt into the Biodynamic Directory.
- You may choose your contact preferences in your online profile. You may also contact us, and we will record your preferences in our records. Our contact information is below.
- You may change, update, or delete the information in your online membership profile. You may also contact us, and we will alter the information in our records. Our contact information is below.
- You may choose to opt out of sharing your mailing information with affiliated organizations by contacting us. Our contact information is below.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to, call, or email us as soon as possible (contact information below). We will promptly correct any inaccurate or incomplete information.
PO Box 557, East Troy, WI 53120
General inquiries: email@example.com
Membership-related inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org