For anyone already practicing or new to biodynamic gardening and farming methods, numerous detailed questions arise, such as:
- How do you choose your seeds?
- What fertilizers should you use?
- Which natural products are most effective?
This manual, fully illustrated with explanatory diagrams and photographs, provides the answers. The book covers:
- All aspects of making and using biodynamic preparations and composts
- Managing the health of plants
- Weed control
- Parasite control
- Issues of mixed cultivation
- Animal care
- Specialized crops and planting such as fruit trees and vines
The author exhaustively covers technical aspects of biodynamic growing, as well as the human qualities needed for this kind of holistic agriculture to succeed.
Author Bio: Pierre Masson, with decades of practice in biodynamics on a mixed farming and breeding farm in Burgundy, passes on his vast knowledge while serving as a consultant and teacher. His experience in the field and his association and consulting work with numerous winegrowers over the years has given Pierre a global and practical vision of biodynamics.
Author: Pierre Masson
Publisher: Floris Books (2011)
Paperback: 224 pages
Illustrations: black and white