Agriculture Arts Specialist (part-time developing into full-time)
Mountain Song Community School is a Waldorf-methods charter school opening August 2013 in Colorado
Springs, CO. Nestled into the beautiful Rocky Mountains and at the foot of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs
is a beautiful place to live and work.
The ideal candidates will have a passion for Waldorf education, collaboration, and growth, and will
demonstrate high personal expectations. A strong sense of personal accountability, a positive attitude and
excellent communication skills are a must. We look to our teachers to be leaders in parent education and
nurturing the growth of a vibrant community that supports the mission of the school.
Faculty members will meet weekly (on early release Fridays) to discuss the life of the school and its
students, and in order to provide time for ongoing professional development. MSCS aims to represent the
organizational model of a “Professional Learning Community,” wherein faculty engages in peer
mentorship, stimulating and motivating teachers to continually improve and develop their skills. This model
also results in a high degree of self-reflection, resulting in a school of engaged and mindful teachers.
Reports To: MSCS Director
Position Start Date: July 1st, 2013
Essential Job Duties
The full time Agriculture Arts Specialist will be developing, managing, and teaching the agriculture arts
program to grades 1-8. This person will also be involved with leading the development and implementation
of the school gardens, composting and animals as we are able to have them.
1. Develop curriculum for Agriculture Arts, organize/plan/teach these classes a minimum of once per
week to each grade 1-6 (in year 2013/14, adding 7th in 2014 and 8th in 2015).
2. Assist Class Teachers with curriculum and implementation for additional Agriculture Arts lessons
in the classroom.
3. Assist with planning MSCS’s urban gardens.
4. Organize and maintain tools and supplies.
5. Maintain the gardens, composting, and animals as we are able to have them (chickens, goats).
6. Recruit and manage volunteers/interns.
7. Identify potential grants to support the Agriculture Arts.
8. Collaborate with the Cooking and Nutrition Teacher on curriculum and garden planning.
9. Cultivate and guide relationships with local partners.
For full job description,qualifications and how to apply may be found here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxtb...