This freelance part-time communications position will be involved in all facets of communications for our start-up company on a project basis. We are seeking someone adept at strategizing, writing, designing, using graphic software, taking photographs, interviewing, and utilizing various electronic and social media. This person will help create “the look and feel” of New Spirit Ventures and publicize our work to the world. We anticipate that the organization will grow significantly during the next few years. We seek someone who would like to grow with the position as the organization develops.
Communications Projects May Include:
- Work with the leadership team to create and implement a communications plan aligned with NSV’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
- Produce marketing materials for prospective investors, funders, partners, advisors and farmers
- Interview farmers, photograph farms and produce annual progress reports for each investor
- Help develop and maintain the website; optimize website
- Help develop and maintain NSV’s visual identity standards
- Develop and maintain NSV’s blog, including idea generation, writing, image sourcing, posting
- Produce periodic e-newsletters, including idea generation, writing, formatting, distributing
- Social media marketing - creating, managing and growing the organization’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties
- Analytics - using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Produce and distribute press releases and media materials as needed
- Participate in leadership team and staff meetings as needed
- Work with partner organizations and other stakeholders as needed; expand network
- Contribute to growth of the business and entrepreneurial spirit of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with marketing, social media, and conference exhibits
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines and budgets, and organize own workload
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Knowledge of organic and sustainable agriculture (preferred)
- Graphic design and web design (Drupal) experience, basic photography skills (preferred)
Location: May telecommute, although must be located in the Midwest for farm visits. Proximity to current office in East Troy, WI not required.
Compensation: Project fees or hourly rate based on experience.
By Thursday, April 28, please send your resume and cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to New Spirit Ventures, W2811 Friemoth Road, East Troy, WI 53120. Please enclose or attach relevant work samples, including a writing sample (required), a website sample, a layout sample, and a photography sample if you have any of these, and let us know your role in the work samples. No phone calls please.