Rudolf Steiner’s Agriculture Lectures
An Online Study Course with Harald Hoven
16 Mondays, January 4-April 19, 2021, 6-7:15 PM PST
I would like to invite you to join me in an exciting study of The Agriculture Course, a series of 8 lectures given by Rudolf Steiner in Koberwitz, Silesia, from June 7-16, 1924. These lectures contained all the original thoughts that were subsequentially put into individualized practices by the attending farmers, and laid the foundation for Biodynamic agriculture. Nearly 100 years later, these lectures still have the same relevance as when they were first delivered. The material is very demanding, considering that Rudolf Steiner presented it at the end of his life, when his Spiritual Science, or Anthroposophy, had fully matured. For many of us who work as biodynamic farmers and gardeners, it is the first text by Rudolf Steiner that we study, and although it is sometimes difficult to understand, it is a very rewarding endeavor. Repeated study, also in groups, will gradually bring progress. In my 40 years of regular study, each time I read this course I find thoughts and ideas I had not noticed before. It is only through this repeated study that we can develop a grounded personal understanding of what biodynamics is. Out of this, we can build our individualized vision of a farm or garden.
This study course is appropriate both for people who have never read the lectures and also for those who have read it before and want to deepen their understanding.
- There will be two sessions for each of the 8 lectures. All participants should read through the appropriate lecture before the studies on Mondays, so that the study can be satisfactory for all.
- After an overview, there will be time for questions and comments about the contents for clarification, followed by a consideration about implications for practical work.
- Concepts in the text regarding Spiritual Science that may be unfamiliar to people will be explained and examples will be given for better understanding.
- For greater clarity of the text and for examining helpful footnotes, I suggest participants use the Creeger/Gardner translation of the Agriculture Course (titled “Agriculture,” or “Spiritual Foundations for the Renewal of Agriculture” by Rudolf Steiner).
- Participants are encouraged to be engaged and bring their own contributions, to assure a lively exchange of ideas. Please come prepared!
This course is offered on a free donation basis. Suggested contribution: $5-$20/session. Please participate in this energy exchange!
For more information, please use the following link:
To register, please use the following link: