The Program Director will expand our team and work collaboratively with our existing Program Director. The Program Director will collaboratively oversee, implement, and adapt the overall programming strategy at Quail Springs. The main responsibility of this Program Director is to lead the marketing and social media strategy for all our programming. Other responsibilities include collaboratively creating new courses, curriculum + content and participating in program-related fundraising efforts, while working to build local relationships in the Cuyama Valley and greater area. Experience with permaculture and/or a graduate of a Permaculture Design Course is a big plus.The Program Director will work closely with the current Program Director, the Executive Directors and other QS staff.
This position is largely self-directed and the right candidate will be able to work independently as well as in collaboration with staff and the community.
Marketing and Social Media Strategy
- Develop, implement and manage the Programs social media strategy in collaboration with our current Program Director and Communications coordinator
- Promote online and offsite programs through communication channels not limited to social media, permaculture + local publications, e-blasts, and the Quail Springs e-newsletter
- Regularly develop Programs social media story + language, web copy, and newsletter content to be collaboratively implemented
- Develop and organize free educational webinars for online programming promotions
- Work closely with the current Program Director to collaboratively make decisions around what, when and how programs happen (online and offsite) in alignment with our mission
- Collaboratively create program curriculum and content for online, onsite and offsite programming
- Integrate our DEI goals when developing changes to existing content
Program Finance & Fundraising
- Work with the current Program Director to track programming income and profit in relation to annual organizational budget goals
- Work with the current Program Director to track and direct program-related fundraising efforts, including grants and donor relationships
- Collaboratively hire, train, and support when additional staff is needed to coordinate and facilitate programming at Quail Springs
- Create and implement standardized policies and facilitation guidelines for improved organizational process (i.e. contracts, team procedures, timelines, project management)
- Work with all staff to build on our relationships in the Cuyama Valley
- Coordinate with current Program Director to develop offsite programming
- Coordinate with all staff to organize offsite projects at local sites of nonprofit and land-based partners
Qualities & Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
An ideal candidate would possess some or many of these qualities in no particular order.
- 2+ years of experience with online marketing
- Excellent knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media platforms
- Experience teaching courses
- Experience creating or managing online programming
- Proficient computer skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- PDC certificate
- Permaculture teaching experience
- Experience with video production (desired but not necessary)
- Spanish proficiency (desired)
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
- Ability to create and manage your own schedule
- Self-directed and takes initiative on work and projects
- Investment in community outreach
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to adapt working style
- Ability and desire to live in community and to work well in a team
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Willingness to engage in community chores (laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc.)
- A strong spirit of volunteerism on community projects
- LGBTQ+ folks and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply
*We value relevant life experiences that demonstrate qualifications as much as education
Please take care to fully fill out our online application so we may best get to know you. If your application is approved, we will set up interviews. We are hard-working folks, so please be patient with our response time! But also don’t hesitate to check back in on the status of your application.
We highly recommend planning to come out for a day to see if it feels like a good fit. The application will close April 8th. We will subsequently host Zoom interviews and will invite candidates who have been welcomed to the third round of interviews for an on-site interview at QS, likely mid or late April. We highly recommend that third-round interviewees come out for a day or an overnight stay to see if it feels like a good fit. We hope to welcome the new Program Director to join our community by June 1st.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to reviewing your application!
TO APPLY: [click here]