North American Biodynamic Apprenticeship Program > Resources for Apprentices
Finding an apprenticeship or on-farm employment
- North American Biodynamic Apprenticeship Program Participating Mentor Farm Profiles
- Biodynamic Association forums: Internship/Apprenticeship Opportunities and Employment Opportunities
- BDA list of Education Centers and Training Programs (includes many NABDAP mentor farms)
- ATTRA/National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service list of Sustainable Farming Internships & Apprenticeships in the United States and Canada
- Growfood.org - International listing of farms offering educational volunteer or employment opportunities
- Beginningfarmers.org and Farm and Food Jobs - daily postings of internships and job opportunities in the United States
About biodynamic farming and gardening
Connecting to other young and beginning farmers
- Biodynamic Initiative for the Next Generation (BING) - a program of the Biodynamic Association which helps young people interested in and practicing biodynamics to connect, share, and learn from one another. BING facilitates these connections through an e-newsletter, social networking, and regional and national gatherings and events.
- The Greenhorns - a nonprofit for and by young farmers which has produced a film, a mapping project, a guide to starting a farm, dozens of networking events and a blog updated several times per day
- Beginningfarmers.org - a resource site and blog featuring information on finding land, farm financing, how-to guides, policy updates and job and internship openings
- National Young Farmers Coalition - a group that works for young farmers by strengthening their social networks, helping them hone their skills through the facilitation of peer-to-peer learning, and fighting for the policies that will keep them farming for a lifetime.